- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of CENL Abuja office, guesthouse, and residence and ensuring that they meet MM health and safety standards and the local legal requirements, and that IMS checks are diligently completed.
- Support the Procurement, IT and Facilities Manager to establish Abuja and States programmes offices, guesthouses and residences and oversee the purchase of all furniture and equipment, ensuring that the programme obtains value for money.
- Support the Procurement, IT and Facilities Manager in planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new facilities or re-organizing current premises and managing any refurbishments, renovations and relocations to make sure they all run smoothly and according to plan.
- Ensure that CENL facilities management processes and procedures are implemented and that any issues regarding implementation of relevant process maps or need for updating are escalated to the Procurement, IT and Facilities Manager.
- Take direct responsibility for ensuring that company and programmes assets and inventory are tagged, located, stored and transferred or disposed correctly, and that register and inventory records are accurate.
- Take direct responsibility for managing the cleaning, waste disposal, and parking of each facility, while ensuring that agreed work by contractors are completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Support the Procurement, IT and Facilities Manager to develop and implement strategic facility management initiatives that align with overall MM business objectives, and maintain an up-to-date and accurate lease register for the company, including ensuring that due rents are renewed promptly in advance as stipulated by the contracts.
- Support the Procurement, IT and Facilities Manager to implement sustainability principles in the management and maintenance of CENL facilities that foster energy efficiency and saves cost.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the office systems, which include the IT and office equipment such as computers, printers, photocopiers, generators, etc., and ensuring they work efficiently.
- Actively develop and maintain relationship with contractors that is mutually beneficial, long term and trust-based, and act responsibly, with integrity and be fair, honest and open in all commercial activities.
- Provide leadership and direction for Abuja Office Cleaners, Abuja Guesthouse Staff, and Abuja Domestic Staff that fosters a strong team culture and organizational ownership that ensures efficient delivery of functions and supports ongoing professional development.
- Implement the MM PDR procedures, ensuring timely completion of meaningful reviews for all line management staff and follow up to ensure that development actions are implemented.
- Support HR section to ensure completion of mandatory training by all line management staff.
- Communicate timeously and effectively with line manager, other BST staff, managers of MM programmes and external parties as required.
- Support all measures to ensure cost-effectiveness and value for money both for MM and external clients such as DFID
Candidate Specification Required Academic/Professional Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification in facility management
- Previous experience in establishing offices and guesthouses
- Good knowledge of issues around facilities management desirable.