The Facility Engineer will be responsible for the management of our sites/buildings and related infrastructure whilst ensuring that the organization has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
1. Planning , Maintenance and Overseeing Saro’s Buildings, Facilities and Sites
• Ensuring all SARO’s facilities are in top shape and meet specified drawn out requirements
• Supervision of all site activities such as repairs , amendments , renovation etc
2. Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
• Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that the facility comply with legislation
• Keeping staff safe
3. Sourcing for external contractors at reasonable costs by preparing work order documents to put out tenders for contractors. This involves;
• Exercising due care in selecting vendors and contractors
• Ensuring that services are procured at the best possible cost to meet the needs of the acquirer in terms of quality and quantity, time and location.
• Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
4. Project management and supervision
• Supervise renovation and minor construction
• Undertake minor renovation and construction
• Ensure efficient use of materials and equipment