The main focus of this role is to manage /maintain buildings and grounds whilst ensuring that other facilities within the organisation are properly catered to. The position will also require that the incumbent coordinates health & safety, contract management, space management and cleaning/waste disposal.
If this role is for you, then know that your activities would involve the following:
- You will be responsible for administering facilities maintenance initiatives which would include both routine maintenance and urgent repairs
- You will need to manage a database of vendors/suppliers and get quotations from them when required
- Compliance with government regulations, safety and environmental standards is necessary so you will have to ensure facilities & infrastructure meet acceptable standards
- You will be responsible for scheduling maintenance activities in multiple sites and monitor the work done
- You should also keep an inventory of equipment & parts; spearhead cost saving initiative for the business
- Whilst you should be able to undertake the above, investigating availability and suitability options for new premises is also part of your duty. Managing maintenance activities in such a way that it causes little or no disruptions to core activities is also important.
- We are looking for someone with minimum of 4 years’ experience in facility management and a degree in estate management or a related discipline.
- We believe that a relevant professional qualification would make you more impactful, however it is not a compulsory requirement.
- You should have sound knowledge of local health, safety and environmental regulations; you should also be able to communicate excellently in both written and oral communication. Having good problem solving skills, leadership and excellent interpersonal skill is necessary for this role.