- As a resident maintenance technician at the IBEDC Head Office, the role holder is responsible for identifying and evaluating maintenance needs of the building and conduct or supervise repairs as needed.
- Also, ensure the effective daily operations of all technical equipment meant to serve the building in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate, monitor the effective functioning and use of the lift facility installed in the Head Office
- Monitor human traffic on the lift facility and ensure safety of the passengers by attending to emergency situations promptly
- Monitor and regulate the maximum load capacity and the number of passengers the lift facility can convey at any given time without damage
- Report periodically the performance of the lift facility and ensure its scheduled repairs and maintenance.
Power Generator Operation:
- Operate, monitor the effective functioning and use of the installed alternative power source/power generator in the Head Office
- Always observe basic safety rules in the operations and maintenance of power generator to avoid improper operations and repairs
- Ensure safety operations of the power generator and attend to emergency situations promptly-avoid operational accident.
- Monitor and document the fuel consumption rate for the power generator.
- Monitor and regulate the service period/mean time before maintenance of the power generator and ensure its scheduled, preventive repairs and maintenance.
- Oversees the maintenance and repairs of generators at Managing Director and Deputy Managing Director’s official quarters.
- In addition, monitoring and operation of water pumping motors to the Head Office.
Effective Monitor Power Supply to Head Office:
- Monitor and promptly operate the electrical switch gear/change over at every loss of supply from the grid to the Head Office complex.
- Ensure safety operations of the changeover switch-avoid operational accident etc.
- Periodic checking of the electrical wiring system/line phase; ensure efficient load distribution in the head office complex, avoid phase overloading and fire outbreak
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of City of London Certificate or Diploma Certificate in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Technical School Certificate/NABTEB
- Minimum of 2-5 years of Facility Management Experience.