Our client is a fully integrated and efficient downstream Oil & Gas company who is a major fuel supplier-distributor in West Africa,
The Factory Manager will be responsible for directing and coordinating the daily operations of the manufacturing plant. This includes developing efficiency strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs. He/she will create the right solution that best fits custom application(s) and use latest designs and manufacturing technology available with constant training to be current on new design tools. Designing systems that offer job specific and cost-effective solutions to meet their custom loading, unloading and measuring system applications.
· Has overall responsibility for all operations in the metal factory.
· Determine the long & short-term goals for the factory to ensure positive results in the areas of manufacturing practices, materials management and inventory control.
· Responsible for all production activity, for the maintenance of the production unit and the premises in good working condition, for the co-ordination of all manufacturing operation to produce the quantities required, within the quality and costs standards determined.
· Develop long term & short term plans for increasing production capacity & decreasing costs.
· Manage the allocation of resources in coordination with projects to achieve the project plan on time.
· Determine and monitor the overall resource capacity (personnel and equipment) for the metal factory and set priorities to maintain production expectations.
· Provide necessary technical assistance in tendering for turnkey jobs.
· Responsible for manufacturing activities (Assembly production) which includes production of the existing products or new product lines, meeting production targets, managing working effectively, improving product quality and maintaining harmonious labor relations.
· Responsible for different manufacturing processes like machining, moulding, press working, assembly, metal cutting, pressing, bending, testing, painting, etc.
· Responsible for interpretation of the engineering drawings.
Coordination with business units for service between Head office and factory
· 15 years minimum work experience as Factory manager in an automation plant within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably in a multinational Company
The ideal candidate should have the following knowledge
- Fluid Blending and Metering Systems;
- Calibration and Proving of Metering Systems;
- Loading or Unloading of tank trucks with local control;
- Complete Multi Station Loading and Unloading Systems fully integrated with the latest controls technology, such as: PLC controls, HMI customized (Human Machine Interface) MCC integration, Flow Computer with Data Acquisition System (DAS);
- Custody Transfer Systems for petroleum products ( gasoline, gasoil, Aviation Jet, Base oil)
- Petroleum product Terminal Truck Loading and Blending Systems.
- Skid mounted loading and metering systems, include: pump, flow-meter (flow sensor) and the instrumentation required for a fully or partially automated packages.
- engineering, design, manufacturing, testing and training;
- Field commissioning (start-up) packages;
- in-house process, mechanical, electrical and PLC/HMI programming engineering, P&ID, 2D & 3D CADD, manufacturing and testing;
- source for spare parts and technical support;
- Knowledge of ASME, Piping designed to ANSI B31.1 and B31.3;Pipe fabrication to ASME Section IX; Structural steel assembly designed to AWS D1.1.