The Factory Manager shall drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes. He/ she shall oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate will have the key skills to develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan, organise, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed expectations of Management.
- Engineering drawings and data interpretation
- Interpreting and transforming bill of materials, BOM into manufacturing process analysis.
- Possess excellent technical skills, client handling, problem solving, planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Verifying design data and reports, hasten client drawings and coordinating the manufacturers to ensure compatibility in design and specifications.
- Supervising manufacturing plan and prepare mechanical data sheet and enquiry for purchase.
- Resolve operational problems within the defined schedules and service level agreements.
- Analyse root causes of operational malfunctions and provide resolutions.
- Handle escalated issues and follow-up on outstanding issues promptly.
- Manage job calendars and flows to ensure timely completion.
- Recommend process improvements to improve operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Evaluate current operational processes and recommend improvements.
- Monitor system operations and troubleshoot problems.
- Assist in budget preparation and resource allocation for support services.
- Manage and monitor job scheduling.
- Contribute to business meetings and report on issue status.
- Develop support plan to prioritize and resolve multiple operations issues.
- Address customer issues promptly and accurately
- Oversee and drive the development of the operational strategies and work programs of the Fabrication, Galvanization, Steel Rolling and Operations Support functions.
- Develop and oversee budgets, plans and programs to ensure optimum utilization of available equipment, space, facility and human resources necessary to attain operational objectives.
- Formulate, develop and implement policies and action plans to attain production targets of the company.
Critically monitor production results and proffer recommendations on identified issues affecting quality and profitability.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices in production (Fabrication, Galvanization, and Steel Rolling) and supply chain management and make recommendations to the management team on the imperatives for the company.
Identify and ensure implementations of process improvement/ redesign and systems upgrade/ implementation efforts and ensure the adequacy and sufficiency of controls to be integrated into the production system/ processes.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of best practice supply chain management policies and practices
- Minimum of (20) year’s relevant working experience.
- BSc degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field.
- The incumbent will have complete P&L responsibility of the business.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.