- Provide input to construction estimates as and when required.
- Review design documents and provide constructability input to designs. Participate in module review resolving constructability challenges.
- Produce sequenced Job cards, Test and Inspection Matrices, and compile workpacks that detail all construction activities.
- Provide Construction Method Statements and input to Engineering as required.
- Ensure that Service Orders are raised on Specialist Vendors and that mobilisation dates are scheduled in line with planned dates.
- Ensure that Fabrication Purchase Orders are raised in line with scheduled dates.
- Ensure that all Materials, Tools and Equipment, including those of Specialist Vendors are mobilised in line with planned dates.
- Provide input to Asset Plans as required.
- Interface with other coordinators to develop the most economical construction methods and techniques.
- Trouble-shooting the design, identifying and resolving issues with engineering and/or fabricator by raising and resolution of Site/Technical Queries.
- Liaise with Construction Supervisors on day to day issues.
- Completing and reviewing as-built documentation.
- To attend daily/weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the In-country focal point.
Technical / Business Skills:
- Strong commitment to safety
- Highly motivated and self reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Excel/Word)
- Sound organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction activities in relation to Control and Safeguarding Systems works.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Procurement, Fabrication, Construction, Pre-commissioning, and Commissioning Practices in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Ability to review engineering design drawings and undertake constructability reviews of the design.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
- Familiarity with relevant international codes and standards.
- Awareness of Oil & Gas related HSEQ safe working practices and procedures
Business & Industry Experience:
- Experience in oil and gas facility construction and commissioning
- Proven capability in an engineering design company
- Previous experience of pre-commissioning and commissioning is preferred
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Degree / HND / Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute is preferred