- Under general supervision, provides on-site supervision of the Logging- While-Drilling (LWD) process, including tool preparations, data acquisition, log generation and Quality Control (QC) and delivery of the services to the customer. Serves as the lead engineer on most jobs.
- Ensures that all data presented to the customer is accurate, timely and meets the highest service quality standard possible.
- Ensures that expected and needed data and possible problems are provided to the customer. Provides technical consultation to all of Halliburton's clients.
- This includes mud hydraulics, Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) planning, formation evaluation, drilling tendencies, the mud system and BHA dynamics.
- Properly tests all tools and equipment before, during and after each job. Identifies and corrects operational problems to prevent or minimize service impact.
- Accurately completes all required forms, databases and reports (i.e. service vouchers, lost/damaged equipment, radiation site survey, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) report, First Alert Database (FAD)/Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI).
- Ensures BHA's are assembled as planned, including correct make-up torque, doping and handling. Aware of customer requirements regarding directional survey procedures.
- Interfaces with the Directional Driller (DD) to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives as required.