Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Field Engineer Trainee assists and supports other Engineers and Specialists at the wellsite. Training is hands-on with focus on the oilfield business in general, tools and services specific to the assigned business line, and the Schlumberger culture.
Successful Field Engineer Trainees are rapid learners, use logic to solve problems, and are personally committed to continuous improvement.
Examples of the Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Note: duties of the role may differ, subject to the segment you are appointed to.
- Develop competency to perform operations and operate equipment as assigned, and be accountable for jobs at end of training period.
- Learn basic rig components and different roles of service companies.
- Provide pre- and post job support to engineers and specialists at the wellsite and in the base location, including risk analysis.
- Assist with rig-up and rig-down of tools and equipment at the wellsite.
- Contribute to preparation of wellsite reports.
- Participate in post job debriefings.
The following is subject to additional requirements of the country where the vacancy is located:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or related science.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English
Interested applicants should send their cvs through the Hr firstname.lastname@example.org