- Leadership and Management
- Represent ZELUX in a positive and professional manner
- Work with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy clients and achieve company goals
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Identify wasteful or inefficient practices and other unnecessary expenses to maintain a strong “Index of 1”
- Ensure that workers are following all safety guidelines, reports violations to management
- Have a thorough working knowledge of ZELUX’s ticketing system
- Have a thorough understanding of Entitlement and Under-entitlement pertaining to service contracts and coverage levels.
- Has a thorough understanding of and practices techniques to prevent ESD damage to components.
- Perform remedial repair activities on customer site.
- Perform hardware installations.
- Perform assignments as directed by Response Center Technicians or senior technical staff.
- Require infrequent backline support while performing remedial activities on-site.
- Recognize situations requiring a service call Escalation and follows proper Escalation Procedures.
- Provides timely, accurate and unambiguous updates to the ticketing system
- As needed, communicates frequently with customers and other ZELUX personnel
- Validating actual problem and validating correct parts to be used for service
- Effective 'debrief' and reporting of service call for future enhancements
- Travel to and from customer locations (usually by car), documenting work activity and maintaining administrative paperwork.
ZELUX Computer Service
- Arrive at work, job sites, and meetings on time and prepared
- Software training including, but not limited to, servers, storage and networking equipment.
- Hardware training including, but not limited to servers, storage and networking equipment.
- Test various parts used for service
- Ongoing training to enhance individual technical competency
- Train other engineers
- Ability to work with and enhance the team (synergy) concept
- Follow company guidelines for SLA (Service Level Agreement) for responding to customer calls.
- Follow Company Procedure for Parts Supply for Customer Service.
- Follow appropriate procedures, either Software or Hardware, to resolve the issue
- Communicate issue and problem resolution notes back to Response Center
- Submit request for parts required for customer issue resolution as per the Parts Request Procedure
- Work within established guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and organized manner. Appropriate customer facing dress required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager
The Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring that:
- All of the duties of the Field Engineer are completed as per the job description
The following are principal authorities granted to the Field Engineer:
- Exercise the responsibilities and perform the duties of this position. This includes full decision-making authority for all responsibilities and duties
The Field Engineer reports to the Field Operations Manager as assigned by the Director of Service Delivery. The following positions report directly to the Field
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Customer Facing Skills
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills and technical aptitude
- Minimum directly related experience of 1-3 years
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Technical Certifications