- The Offshore FJC supervisor is responsible for all Offshore FJC activities during his shift and is directly accountable for the correct application and quality of the field joints.
As the specialist in Coating and Field joint coating process, on board the UFR CTR flow lines laying vessel the Coating Interpreter shall:
- Make sure that applicable coating and FJC documentations are approved and accessible on board,
- Make sure that all Raw Materials certificates are in line with project specifications requirements and available in case of needed
- Make sure that all Raw Materials are stored and monitored as per approved project specifications
- Make sure that factory parent coating cut back areas are well prepared and fit-up are acceptable as per specifications.
- Make sure that Raw materials and equipments used for FJC process are same or similar to the one used for the qualification process.
- Ensure that all factory pipelines coatings and previous FJC coatings are well inspected by CONTRACTOR and all coating damages are repaired prior pipelines installations.
- Supervise all FJC processing and make sure it is done according to good workmanship and in safety manner.
- See all the FJC done during his shift, make his own interpretation of the results and agree with CONTRACTOR representative about the status to be given on the joint. In the absence of TPA on-board the vessel, the FJC Supervisor will act as the highest technical authority on board to validate FJC interpretation.
- Inform the COMPANY Main Representative about all shortcomings, problems and/or major defects detected in the fabrication.
- Ensure that the traceability of FJC results is well maintained onboard through appropriate QC records. Collect the inspection reports carried out during its shift and file them properly on board available for the CY main representative.
During the mobilisation phase, he/she shall be able to judge the capability and skilfulness of applicators in order to support the following:
- Inspection and expertise of any Coating repair on Factory coating and previous FJC carried out as per specifications:
- Post-graduate, Technician in polymers materials
- FROSIO qualification at least level III - preferably - or NACE level III peer review
- Fully conversant with ISO, ASTM and others international Standards
- Having a solid experience in Coating and FJC process especially for the wet insulation coating 5LPP, IMPU processes.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate.