- This role involves direct frontline interface of network operations, carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance of both Phase3’s existing and new network infrastructures.
- The engineer (s) would be responsible for provision of in-depth technical support and interpretation of prompt network alarms, report emerging complex network challenges and initiates action to resolve them.
- The field engineer (s) will also interface with clients and display professionalism in managing contractors for standardized execution of relevant field works.
- Ensure effective management of all active network equipment, analyze equipment’s current card performance and responsible for technical management of the entire pop.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance (RPM) and corrective maintenance (CM), carryout long-haul route survey on existing aerial optic fiber and other transmission paths.
- Ensure that all aspect of the network operations run smoothly, maintain end-to-end interconnectivity with immediate remote POP’S (Point of Presence) for stable network availability.
- Resolve emergency network failure with good knowledge in the usage of OTDR for fault troubleshooting especially on aerial fiber transmission path.
- Carryout installations and maintenance of network equipment (e.g. DWDM/SDH).
- Ensure temporary restoration of network in critical situation/difficult terrain. Plan permanent restoration and manage OFC stringing, tensioning and perform splicing. Also, provide quick resolution basics to reduce MTTR.
- Provide remote support for the NOC operations and other technical request from HQ. As well as information and guidance to colleagues and other team members.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and performance of all clients aggregated circuits through his/her node and maintain good technical relationship with clients at all times.
- Responsible for the supervision of external contractors handling field contract and ensure projects are executed to standards.
- Prepare and transmit detailed daily technical report of maintenance operations and network performance.
- Responsible for new circuit/client’s integration and involve in field rollout and deployments.
- Maintain technical spare management scheme and keep reconciliatory inventory of the POP (Point of Presence).
- Must have good knowledge in Electrical power(AC/DC conversion)
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have peripheral knowledge of Cisco command line interface and IP addressing schemes with DNS understanding.
- Must have experience in O & M and integration of transmission equipment(DWDM/SDH)
- Must have very good knowledge in optical fiber deployment (splicing)
- Minimum education qualification is a B.Eng. Electrical Electronics or its equivalent