To drive commercial growth of Freight Forwarding business and manage additional business from existing customers whilst managing multiple relationships internally and externally.
- Manage & deliver Field Sales budget set for the financial year
- Identify and develop new client base
- Develop strong presence of AFL in UAE’s freight forwarding market.
- Liaise with other sales channels, including network partners, regarding customers of global potential
- Evaluate sales successes and failures to optimize efforts and identify issues
- Business development by value addition selling
- EDI process & update – as necessary
- Ensure retention of client 100%
- Performance reporting
- Must be a graduate, preferably in Supply Chain or Logistics management
- Must have extensive Sales Management experience in freight forwarding industries
- Must have International freight forwarding experience
- Must have in depth knowledge of all UAE import and export regulations
- Must be a leader with a strategic, analytical approach to business
- Must be able to communicate and present in both verbal and written English
- Must have strong planning and organization skills
- Must have good knowledge of MS Office applications, SAP awareness is an added advantage!
- Must have the ability to motivate and coach direct reports
- Must be results orientated