Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/16/FT64
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: One (1) year
Organization unit: AF_WSR AF West Sub-Region (AF_WSR) /
AF_NGA Nigeria (AF_NGA)
Objectives of the Programme
- Design and Implement appropriate policies and procedures to safeguard the security and safety of staff members, their eligible dependants, and enable secured environment for WHO Programmes implementation in the field across the country.
Description of Duties
- Advise the WHO Representative with regard to maintaining the safety and security of WHO personnel and implementing partners, premises and assets in accordance with UN and WHO Security Management System Policies Procedures
- Participate, coordinate and/or undertake security risk assessment for all Sub-offices within his zone of responsibility and facilitate the implementation of recommended mitigating measures.
- Monitor the security situation across the country and provide the WHO Representative with independent analysis of emerging security threats to WHO personnel and, premises and assets.
- In coordination with WHO Field Security Officers that are based in Bauchi and Kano, prepare Contingency Plans and SOPs for each Sub-office, and be instrumental in implementing the enhanced security measures; and ensure staff members are familiar and adhere with the related guidelines;
- Conduct training/briefing on radio communication procedures, convoy procedures, security and evacuation procedures and other security issues and precautions to be taken;
- Conduct specific security briefings in relation to the Polio implementation Programmes to all staff appointed to the field or on mission;
- Maintain updated security information, prepare periodical situation reports ensuring that the WHO Representative and the UNDSS are kept regularly informed of security situation;
- Provide advice on technical security requirements contained in the Security Plan, MOSS, and SOPs, and monitor their implementation; and ensure that the sub-offices have an acceptable level of MOSS compliance.
- Provide systematic reporting on security incidents to the WHO Representative.
- Establish contact with all relevant national authorities including national security agencies as appropriate.
- Perform any other relevant duties.