- Technical specialist and primary customer support contact to diagnose and execute complex repairs to engine products at the customer’s site.
- Establishes and continually develops productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to product specialists or supervisor.
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional sales and service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
Skill Level A
Level II Technician plus:
- Ability to train Service Personnel to develop their diagnostic skills
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
- Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
- Able to understand and follow the Technical Support Request ((TSR) process
Skill Level A plus:
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Ability to guide / coach other service technicians (including non-Cummins technicians) through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
- Can resolve complex technical problems
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational Diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit
- Significant field service work experience
- Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Customer service experience
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred).