- To provide field service at customer sites, onshore and offshore, with assignments both in Sub-Saharan Africa and globally.
- Field engineering for electrical /power systems products and projects including drives, automation, control systems and power delivery systems.
- Be a leading example in maintaining high standards of EHS in the field, working directly with the GE EHS leadership and service management teams and our customers towards achieving our goal of zero injuries
- Deliver field services fulfillment for our customers in terms of EHS, Quality and Delivery
- Perform field service engineering at customer sites including planned service and maintenance and un-planned call-out, troubleshooting, repair and calibration, in your home country and on international assignment
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, install, test, and commission MV and HV breakers, switchgear, protection relays, cables, motors, transformers and other MV/HV equipment
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required
- Perform administrative functions; such as safety plans, risk assessments, method statements, site inspection reports, technical reports, materials requisitions, customer reports, time sheet and travel expenses
- Support out-of-hours on-call availability shift on a scheduled rotation basis (typically 7-days)
- Typical candidates may be working as an electrical field engineer, or as an electrical maintenance supervisor in a steel mill, oil, gas or petrochemical facility, paper mill, materials handling at a port, mining, be appropriately qualified ex-service personnel, or working with MV/HV electrical test equipment. [if applicable … Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role.
- Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
- Field commissioning and/or service experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years' post NYSC experience in a similar Field Technical Engineer 6
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Strong commitment to EHS values and policies
- Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and supervise contractors
- Strong customer service mind-set.
- Prior field engineering experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- FEP program graduate is preferred (internal GE)
- Field service engineering experience (drives & automation)
- Willingness to be available to respond to out-of-hours calls on a shift rotation basis as required
- Act as Duty Engineer when required to receive out-of-hours calls and determines course of action.