The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Field worker II at its Headquarters in Ibadan. This position is funded by African Development Bank (AfDB) under the Support to Agricultural Research for Development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC).
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Drive Scientists and other research staff to research locations
- Participate actively in the conduct of research experimentations at different sites
- Convey research materials to all research and development locations
- Assist in the planting and harvesting of maize trials.
- Ensure that vehicles are properly maintained
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
SSCE plus a minimum of 3 years driving experience and working with scientist in research fields is desirable.
The ideal candidate must
- Have good communication skills and be honest;
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary;
- Be available to work outside office hours, weekends and holidays.