We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Specialist to join our finance team in London head office. The UK Finance team forms part of the greater Central Finance team which encompasses the following key areas: Group Management Accounting, Group Statutory Accounting and Treasury Finance. The section is responsible for the integrity of the accounting records of UK Holding, trading and financing companies, Group accounting of pensions and share schemes and overall finance control over the UK .
As a Finance Specialist you will:
- prepare the quarterly reporting for British American Tobacco (BAT) and work closely with BASSE (finance shared services team based in Bucharest) for the correct allocation of costs
- reconcile the BAT treasury shares positions on monthly basis working with UK reward to ensure that all share moments reconcile to Computershare documentation
- prepare the short and long term cash forecast (BATCASH) for BAT p.l.c.
- prepare the statutory accounts for BAT p.l.c., which form part of the published annual report
- assist in the preparation of statutory accounts for some of the UK companies
- produce the iXBRL accounts for the UK companies within required deadline
- work closely with the intercompany recharges team around the Share scheme UK recharge to end markets
- prepare the quarterly pension journal for the UK based on instructions from the Finance Manager - Technical
- assist the Finance Manager - Technical with Group disclosures of pensions