Budgeting & Forecasting
- Coordinate with the Regional offices on Budget/Forecast process. Currently this is offices in Dubai, Cairo, Casablanca, Riyadh, Pakistan, Jordan, as well as any new offices in the Middle East, North, West & Central Africa Region
- Support cost centre managers through the budgeting process
- Ensure internal customers are aware of approved budgets and forecasts and understand the need to manage within these constraints
- Ensure that internal customers are aware of their commitment against budget/forecast on a continuous basis (at least twice monthly) and to provide “Commitment Reporting” to Cost Centre Managers and Function Heads to support this objective
- Ensure management information and performance measurements are kept up to date and regularly communicated
- Ensure an appropriate level of internal control is maintained
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the Financial Accounting teams to ensure awareness, ownership and effective handling of all issues
- Set up and management of new costs centres, as required
- Provide cross-functional coordination to the MENA region
- Build and maintaining relationships with cost centre managers to ensure they are aware of budget forecasts timelines and data requirements, and understand the need to adhere to them
- Coordinate regular meetings with cost centre managers to review financial performance and manage accruals/adjustments
- Monitor and maintain quality standards in administrative issues and report variations Head of Finance responsible for that area of remit
- Coordinate with the Head of Finance to support implementation of changes to policies and procedures on issues
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to exceed customer expectations and promote a professional finance organisation.
Monthly cashbook reporting
- Reconcile and submit cashbooks to Central Finance Team each month. This process involves completion of ADI upload accounts template. The payments template includes payments, reconciliation in conjunction with monthly bank statement, ADI upload and fixed asset purchases template
- Obtain approvals from cost centre managers for cost centre cross-charges prior to cashbook submission
- Reconcile and complete ADI upload for petty cash. Template includes petty cash payments, petty cash reconciliation and ADI upload
- Manage petty cash daily and maintain minimum balance. Reimburse when required
- Review all expense reports for the Regional offices
- Raise requisitions; obtain Purchase Order, forward to supplier. Co-ordinate payment when invoice received from supplier as required.
- Make payments to local suppliers by means of purchasing card and complete monthly purchasing card expense reports
- Resolve queries arising from supplier invoices/payments and assist staff with any payment related issues
- Co-ordinate with the bank regarding bank related issues locally
- Monitor local compliance with global accounting and operational policies
- Ensure that required contractual agreement exists between any governments owned entity with regard to Visa Inc Anti-Bribery Policy and FCPA policy
- Assist with headcount reconciliations by working closely with the various HR teams.
- Monthly review of accounts receivable with appropriate movement reports. Follow on old outstanding balances with the relevant Country Manager.
- Assist in maintaining Asset Center/Fixed Asset database to ensure completeness/accuracy of accounting and support the management of all corporate assets.
- Achieve proficiency on Visa’s fully integrated accounting system – (Oracle/TM1/Noetix/Procurement/Hyperion) and various reporting tools in order to resolve accounting issues and attain higher work productivity within his function
- Prepare and analyse accounting reports/schedules/reconciliation to validate the integrity of the financial database, accuracy of processed transactions and to support management/head office/statutory reporting.
- Meet accounting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close.
- Actively contribute to the effectiveness of the team by supporting and co-operating with colleagues and providing cover during period of absence
- The flexibility to liaise with various functions both within Visa and externally to deliver ad hoc projects.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Identifies and resolves finance MENA expense work flow issues and refers unusual problems to appropriate stakeholders or manager for resolution
- Assist in implementation of finance procedures and provides feedback/input on finance resource requirements and allocation
- Decisions are guided by Visa/accounting/finance controls, policies, procedures and business plans
- Works independently and receives minimal guidance
- Requires strong execution and analytical capabilities to work on finance problems of intermediate complexity
- Prioritize tasks within job function, balancing the need to meet tight deadlines and other corporate demands.
- Highlight and review problem areas with immediate superior and ensure proper follow up or closure.
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Based in the large Dubai office, reporting to the Head of Finance MENA who is based in the same office, within a team of 6 across Dubai and Cairo offices. There are separate team members dedicated to MENA revenue & incentives.
- Coordinates with all MENA offices, working closely with office managers, country managers, function heads and MENA Group Country Manager
- This individual will be expected to interact effectively will all levels of Visa management and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills will be required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix reporting structure, and multinational organisation
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Professionally qualified in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Professional Accounting Qualification (eg: ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc)
- 5 years of professional Finance experience
- Knowledge of appropriate statutory accounting regulations
- Experience of working across geographies in a matrixed organisation
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- In-depth Finance knowledge, skills, experience
- Finance/Accounting skills, in-depth knowledge of balance sheets, profit & loss
- Financial systems skills (Oracle, Hyperion)
- Excellent business English
- Customer focused (internal & external) with the ability to build effective organizational relationships
- Results focused and driven
- Advisory skills
- Detail orientated with strong execution skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Creative, innovative, dedicated, self-motivated
- Collaboration, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Can-do attitude, team player
- Knowledge of the region and cultural differences
- 5 years of related Finance in a financial services, retail banking or payments company, in a similar role
- Local / MENA region language skills (Arabic, French) is an advantage
- Practical knowledge of US GAAP
- Understanding of Visa’s business
- Experience with FCPA guidelines and processes