- Be the face of MSH to the outside, offering excellent customer care to our guests, clients and partners physically or through the electronic media.
- Facilitate effective and efficient communication between MSH Staff, partners and clients.
- Manage the front office/desk and provide general administrative support functions including but not limited to: faxing, copying, binding, drafting memos and letters.
- Handle arrangements and assist in the logistics for meetings, retreats, and workshops to specific projects as will be required.
- Assist with Procurement logistics
- Working closely with FAO to supervise and monitor Cleaners and Security Guards including tracking attendance and performance. Ensure fire extinguishers are periodically renewed
- Operate and monitor Generator; providing necessary information on servicing, repairs, diesel consumption and generator daily usage, etc.
- Follow-up on servicing/maintenance of office equipment & machines in conjunction with the Field Liaison Officer including keeping maintenance logs.
- Ensure back-up for the server and ensure all I.T. Peripherals are working accordingly and reporting issues to I.T. Unit in a timely manner.
Finance: Provide following accounting and financial support to FAO:
- Prepare payment vouchers, raising journals, writing cheques, etc. as may be instructed by the Finance and Admin Officer.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Processing payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks as directed by the FAO
- Maintain accounting and inventory files in an orderly manner.
- Tracking and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Post internal requisition, credit memo form and service completion certificate into the QuickBooks.
- Any other tasks as requested by Supervisor, Finance Manager and COMU, Director.
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR or interest in learning about public health issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner