Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Objective of the Job
- This position is responsible for the hands-on and day-to-day management of all Company Financial and Administrative functions and the incumbent would ideally have the ability to be able to under-study the GM with regards to overall operational leadership of the business.
- Responsibility for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services with an understanding of warehousing, operations and sales expectations.
- The job represents a balanced financial management effort with a willingness to become involved in all day-to-day operational activities as a secondary level of involvement within the business.
- Responsible to fully familiarize yourself with all company policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings, conferences, trainings and seminars if and when needed.
- Responsible for all aspects of data collation and capture in order to be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and receivable and managing office and warehousing according to statutory, legislative and Shareholder requirements.
Main Activities - Administering & Monitoring Financial System
- Ensure data is captured daily into the system
- Ensure cheques and payments on all accounts/payments due are timeously prepared and submitted to GM for authorization prior to payment being actioned
- Ensure daily transactions are properly recorded, as per SOPs’; and entered into the accounting system
- Assist with the preparation of the financial budget and once implemented, assist with the monitoring of actual versus budget performance and report monthly on variances
- Review and suggest alterations, where required to financial policies and procedures - in conjunction with Company Auditors and GM
- Establish and maintain cash controls and monitor cash reserves and investments on an on-going basis
- Establish Supplier accounts where necessary, process Supplier invoices for payments and maintain the purchase order system
- Prepare and reconcile the following:
- Bank Statements - daily
- Weekly Shareholder/Internal Management Reports as stipulated and required timeously
- General Ledger
- Monthly Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Financial Statements to meet reporting deadlines
- Quarterly and Annual Financial Reports and Statements, also reporting on any variances with relevant notes; and assist with any and all audits
- Maintain, monitor and update when required the computerized accounting systems - QuickBooks.
- Maintain financial files and records - continuously updated.
Main Activities - Accounts Payable & Receivable:
- Safe-guard Company Funds
- Authorise and capture data relevant to Purchase Orders
- Reconcile Accounts Payable weekly, prepare Journal summaries, meet payment deadlines and submit to GM for approval
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable weekly, ensure source documents are maintained and managed accordingly and immediate follow-up with regards to securing payment is done weekly
- Ensure that stipulated Company Trading Terms are adhered to without exception, implement control measures where necessary and liaise directly with defaulters to secure payment within expected time-lines
- Reconcile and report on all Petty Cash expenditure, takings/deposits, Debtors Age Analysis and Invoice versus Payments control measures weekly
- Ensure Monthly tax Management systems are in place for timeous payment as per statutory and/or legislative requirements and that deadlines are met
- Manage Motor Vehicle expenditure and licensing, road-worthiness etc matters.
Main Activities - Employees:
- Document and maintain all Employee files and data confidentially
- Administer all Employee monthly payments due and finalise payment once authorised by GM
- Administer, and ensure timeous payment of; all Employee benefit entitlements
- Report on all benefit entitlement payments monthly
- Maintain and verify annual leave records
- Calculate and action any deductions required with regards to Employees
- Submit all Employee statutory and/or legislative remittances for approval timeously and action payment thereafter and within required time-lines.
Main Activities - Office Management:
- Manage and ensure all direct-line reports are effectively functional within their job portfolios, regularly assess performance and implement corrective action where necessary
- Order and maintain record of all office supplies required
- Maintain, manage and update Asset Register as and when required
- Maintain and monitor insurance coverage (all assets) requirements and timeous applications for statutory and/or legislative permits/licences as may be required
- Ensure Office/Warehouse environment is maintained according to Health & Safety requirements.
Main Activities - General:
- Direct line of initial contact for all Banking, Tax Office, Tax Consultant, Auditor and Company Secretary relationships
- Overall management responsibility for Inventory
- Manage and oversee the Receiving function applicable to receiving of all and any goods, agree and sign-off documentation accordingly
- Report and process relevant documentation with regards to any short or excess stocks received
- Oversee Warehouse Supervisor with regards to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual stock staking and variance management
- Co-signatory to Stock Reports and responsible for rectifying variances once reconciled and authorised by GM
- Assist with stock-takes as and when required
- Manage Company Drivers, Vehicle Maintenance and associated matters
- Manage Warehouse Supervisor and Customer Services Staff and their functionality
- Provide accounting policy orientation to new Staff and regularly assess knowledge and ability of existing Staff in this regard - monitor actions and rectify where necessary
- Monitor work-flow and work-load situation within the Office/Warehouse environment on a regular basis and propose changes for consideration to GM as and when required.
Essential Qualification, Qualification & Experience
- Relevant B Degree - e.g BCom Accounting - plus registration with ICAN either "in view", or preferably already registered.
- Drivers Licence
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice and applicable programmes
- Understanding of ERP Systems - preferably QuickBooks/SAP/Pastel
- Good communicator with attention to detail
- Experience working within a National/Multi-national Corporate environment (Highly desirable)
- Exposure to, and good understanding of; Warehousing, Logistics and Customer-relationship/Sales operational requirements (Highly desirable)
Experience and Knowledge (Minimum):
- 5 - 7 years direct work experience in a similar capacity in the same or similar industries.
- 3 - 5 years strategic Leadership - ability to lead with regards to proposals/recommendations and Staff.
- 5+ years business acumen and good understanding of business processes, functions and reporting systems
Skills and personal Attributes:
- Strong work ethic, good time-management
- Energetic and passionate about their chosen career
- Enthusiastic individual willing to take on extra responsibility and immerse themselves in the job
- Time-line and outcomes driven
- Team player
- Ability to contribute to setting and managing budgets
- Highly effective in building and maintaining external and internal relationships
- Superior Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills - resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles.
- Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
- Strong communication and influence skills - clear, concise, and persuasive in style.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment - not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit.
- Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- Analytical skills - ability to convert data and basic information into insights and actionable plans.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges - financial
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Flexibility to work in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think in terms of business outcomes / results
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple, and often conflicting initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- High accuracy levels and strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills for engaging at a senior level.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.