• Monitor expenditures against programme budget
• Track monthly expenditures against forecast and work plan budgets making adjustments as required by conducting bi-monthly programme-wide activity review and reviewing fund requests accordingly.
• Prepare monthly financial reports and quarterly budgets for the programme management unit (GRM Nigeria Office)
• Work with the programme management office to review and verify monthly invoices to DFID.
• Ensure and weekly monthly accounts are complete and accurate
• Work closely with Team Leader and Director on resource management, conducting relevant analysis to provide information for resource decisions
• Oversee all project accounts through the effective management of the Finance Officer
• Ensure all accounting and reconciliatory functions of the programme are aptly executed ensuring a clear audit trail according to GRM and DFID approved guidelines through effective supervision of the programme Cash Officer and the Finance Manager
• Ensure the appropriate use of programme codings and the up to date documentation and reconciliation of all programme expenditure and PVs.
• Manage staff payroll as well as monthly deductions and remittances.
• Manage all programme banking requirements ensuring that clear audit trails are left of all transactions.
Contracts and Grants Management
• Facilitate the evaluation of tenders and contract negotiations with service providers including all provisions for rent
• Review and finalise TORs and related documents for all tenders
• Ensure the existence and implementation of clear programme contracting guide lines
• Ensure all approved contracts and grants are in line with set programme contacting and grant management guidelines.
• Oversee the implementation of facilitation fund (FF) and grant fund (GF)
• Liaise with the Intervention Managers on the monitoring of performance and timely submission of deliverables as agreed by contract and grant terms of agreements
• Ensure the existence and utilization of effective contracts and grants tracking and management systems
• Oversee the consistent smooth running of office facilities at all times by supervising the effective management of the Operations and Finance team.
• Coordinate all programme HR and personnel matters and actions through the programme Personnel Manager
• Oversee all IT, security and logistics requirements of the programme in accordance with set programme guidelines as well as DFID and GRM guidelines.