- Maintaining approved systems of accountability by ensuring compliance with all Abt Associates Nigeria/PATHS2 operational procedures and policies.
- Supervising the Accountant, Administrative Officers, Front Desk Officer, and any other support staff as deemed necessary in the PATHS2 Lagos State field office.
- Leading the financial management of the state office (including maintenance of interest account, accounts payable, checking accounts, travel expenses, consultant and other contracts, and payments for various transactions).
- Developing monthly financial reports and statements, and maintaining all financial records, including reconciling bank accounts/ statements operated at the state level.
- Liaising between the State and PATHS2 National Country Office to ensure that adequate funds are available for the smooth running of the office and the programs activities at the state level.
- Preparing activity budgets, annual budgets, cash flow and budget monitoring records, in collaboration with relevant technical staff.
- Providing periodic on-the-job training to all administrative and finance officers, as required.
- Conducting frequent audits and checks on procurement, store, vehicle management and other internal systems, and reporting their status to the State Program Manager on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that the approved estimates or expenditure on budget items are as much as possible not exceeded, but controlled at all times.
- Coordinating all travel arrangements and other logistics needs for PATHS2 state level/HQ staff, consultants and visitors
- Assisting the SPM to ensure the recruitment and availability of the necessary human resources in the Lagos field office at all times.
- Revising on an on-going basis the personnel and human resource development policies; and ensuring that all state level staff have access to, are knowledgeable of, and follow such policies.
- Managing the routine personnel performance review process, using the regular staff appraisal format.
- Providing staff with relevant opportunities for professional development that are in line with the functions of their jobs.
- Maintaining meticulous and up-to-date personnel records of individual staff, including leaves, assessments, salaries, and contracts.
- Ensuring that all new staff are adequately inducted and oriented about Abt Associates Nigeria/PATHS2 personnel policies and procedures, emphasizing on their rights and responsibilities.
- A Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (desirable), in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant administrative field preferred
- 6 years experience in financial, administrative, and human resources management, preferably in a health-related project funded by an international NGO, DFID or USAID.
- Good financial management and administration skills; and experienced in designing financial policies and procedures.
- Experience in contracts and grants management in line with organization's personnel policy and Nigerian labor laws.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational, administrative, and coordination capabilities.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in the diverse socio-economic and complex settings of Lagos State.
- Excellent communication skills in English and the local dialect.
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time within and outside of Lagos State at short notice
- (6+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.