Job Vacancy at Cordaid (Catholic Organisation For Relief & Development Aid)
- Financial Services
- Financial Services
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 5 - 7 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
The incumbent of the post is directly responsible for all financial and administrative tasks and procedures as well as the logistics of the office in Port Harcourt, and is required to perform the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- To prepare regular finance reports on budget performance (income and expenditures overviews) and position of liquidity (bank and cash balances);
- To prepare budgets in coordination with management;
- To record and maintain financial transactions (accounting) including recording receipts and disbursements such as ledgers, cash books, vouchers and the like;
- To safeguard proper use of internal control procedures including the monthly reconciliation and control of bank and cash balances and reconciling data for recurring or special reports;
- To draft the annual accounts of the office;
- To liaise with the independent auditor(s);
- To manage all petty cash transactions and maintain records of these disbursements and balance accounts as required;
- To maintain contacts with local banks for verifying accounts status, collecting bank statements, verifying currency exchange rates and similar direct transactions;
- To process payments by issuing payment vouchers and checks.
- To arrange and maintain proper filing system and archive;
- To ensure the local tax matters, including income tax, payroll taxes and other taxes are adequately handled in compliance with the laws of Nigeria.
- To undertake office administrative and logistical tasks such as visa applications, work permit, tax exemption applications, domestic and international flights arrangements, accommodation, bookings, airport pick-ups, office purchases and transport/ logistics of Cordaid staff and consultants as required;
- To keep record of documentation of vehicles of the office;
- To check the logbooks of the vehicles;
- To procure and supply of daily needs for the office and programmes.
- Knowledge and use of accounting software;
- Computer literate, thorough knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook);
- Ability to establish priorities according to workload, to plan and be able to deliver to deadlines;
- Ability to work in a small multicultural team environment;
- Knowledge of NGO/INGO financial rules and regulations will be considered an asset.
- Academic degree (bachelor’s or higher) or equivalent in accounting and/or finance; certification such as ACCA, CPA or any other relevant education is a must;
- Experience working with GAAP or IFRS and knowledge of Nigerian statutory accounting standards is a must;
- Minimum of 6 years experience in accounting and administration tasks and responsibilities;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Experience working with a local or international NGO is desirable;
- Proven experience in office management, logistics and procurement work;
- Proven experience with ICT and relevant accounting software packages such as AccountView or Pastel;
- Communicative, analytical and problem solving personality;
- Be diplomatic, culturally sensitive, result-oriented and a team player.
Specifics of duty station
The finance and administration officer will be based at Cordaid’s new office in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. You will be part of a professional and dedicated small team that works to make a difference.The officer will report to the programme manager in Port Harcourt, and receive advice and practical support from the financial advisor at Cordaid HQ in the Netherlands. The position is to be filled by a Nigerian national.