- The Finance Officer plays a critical role in Pacts financial management. With a large number of procurements and grants to local organizations, Pact’s accounting practices, oversight, and financial support of its local partners is a central to effective programming.
- Performs general ledger maintenance and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, including sub-grants and sub-awards;
- Performs general ledger maintenance and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, including sub-grants and sub-awards, Develops monthly and quarterly financial reports for the review/approval of the finance manager.
- Prepare and follow up with transactions to ensure that payments ate accurately captured, timely and complete.
- Reviews procurement and payment documents ensuring appropriate cost coding and accuracy.
- Ensures timely payments to vendors and other project related expenses such as telephone travel etc.
- Carries out banking transactions/reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and accurate capturing in accounting system.
- Reviews sub-grant and sub-award financial reports, taking initiative to resolve problems in accordance with policies and program objectives.
- Provide general orientation and support to sub-grantees on financial reporting Follow-up with 3rd party transactions, ensuring that all related documentation are submitted such as TA for sub-awards, deposit slips are properly filed etc.