- Responsible for the accounting function in the State office.
- Ensure the integrated and efficient day-to-day administrative operations of the project office.
- Ensures adherence to organizational and donor policies and procedures in all transactions.
- Maintains proper books and records of accounting by overseeing the monthly preparation of the monthly office financial report.
- Reviews TEVs, Procurements and project payments and ensures it complies with PI policies
- Keeps custody of financial documents i.e. check books, lease agreements, contracts with donors, consultants and sub-grantees.
- Reviews proposals and modifications of sub grants for feasibility, cost effectiveness, comprehensiveness, accuracy and compliance with applicable policies. Ensure compliance of sub grants from beginning through close out.
- Carries out needs assessment for new sub grantees and in addition provides technical assistance to sub grantees.
- Carries field monitoring of sub grantees.
- Liaise with banks on confirmations, transfers and reconciliations.
- Provide support to program staff in budget preparation and assist in implementation of w/shops and trainings.
- Prepare yearly summary of receipts and disbursements of the field office with accompanying schedules for the Country Office.
- Prepare the annual Field office budget in consultation with the FOM for necessary approval.
- Ensures the safety of Company assets and oversee the maintenance of the register of non-expendable properties in the state office.