Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS) is one of the projects under FHI 360. MAPS focuses on supporting the development of infrastructure, resources, systems, and the technical and management capacities necessary for effective malaria control. The project is implemented by three partners and FHI 360 is the lead implementing partner. MAPS project is a five year project which took effect from October 1, 2010; the project recently secured a one year-no cost extension and will be rounding up by September 30, 2016. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of; Finance and Administrative Associate (MAPS)
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide main support with problem resolution on CO cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state level.
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the state office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities and submit reports with supporting documents on time to the Finance Director in Abuja.
- Oversee contractual issues for the state offices.
- Ensure that a register for Inventory Supplies and Non-expendable property is maintained and updated in a timely manner, and ensure the safety of MAPS project property
- Check the availability of budget; ensures that payment vouchers are properly completed and are adequately supported by relevant documents before they are processed
- Ensure continuous flow of funds to state office and to sub recipients and retirement of finance and program advances to the State.
- Provide support to and coordinate the FHI/Nigeria (MAPS) activities within USAID and PEPFAR guidelines and regulations.
- With relevant parties from programs, finance and contracts and grants, support the development of subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the focus states.
- Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the state.
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the field office (as relevant).
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the field staff.
- Coordinate all travel details/logistics for the staff, consultants and TDyers’ including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Provide logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Coordinate all records/storage of supplies for the state office.
- Ensure that a register for Inventory Supplies and Non-expendable property is maintained and updated in a timely manner, and ensure the safety of MAPS project property.
- Perform other duties as assigned.