- Oversee the project's management of financial functions ensuring donor/contract compliance.
- Develop and prepare budget forecasts and manage expenses within approved budget.
- Develop and maintain appropriate systems and cost-effective, timely procedures and controls such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting to properly disburse, account, budget, and report funds.
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation and submission of regular financial statements, monthly pipeline analysis and other financial reports to headquarters.
- Keeps custody of financial documents i.e. check books, lease agreements, contracts with donors.
- Manage funds at local bank account and approve expenditures in accordance with Pathfinder and donor procedures, cost principles, and regulations.
- Carries out financial pre-award needs assessment, reviews proposals and modifications of sub grants for feasibility, cost effectiveness, comprehensiveness, accuracy and compliance with applicable policies.
- Ensure compliance of sub grants from beginning through close out.
- Provide support to program staff in budget preparation and assist in implementation of w/shops and trainings.
- Identify, select, manage performance of, and mentor finance and administrative project staff and staff of local sub-grants/partners in ensuring professional growth and development as well as capacity building.
- Oversee subgrantees/contractors ensuring adherence to donor, organizational, and host country policies and build capacity of local organizations to become successful and sustainable quality service providers.
- Develop management policies and procedures to ensure efficiency, adequate internal control, quality, and all resources are in place, adhered to, and in compliance with local laws, donor rules and regulations.
- In collaboration with Pathfinder's Nigeria IT team to deploy, maintain and monitor information technology systems and operational facilities to support project staff and programming in the 4 assigned states.
- Address other financial and operational issues related to the project as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Project Director.
- Collaborate with the Project Director to ensure that security guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly and adhered to by the Country team. Monitor the security situation and provide leadership for staff in emergencies.
- Protect the organization's resources and assets and ensure that they are used efficiently in furtherance of Evidence to Action (E2A) and Pathfinder mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Project Director.