Vacancy Number: VN-NGR-75-2015
Contract Type/Duration:Temporary Appointment / 6 months
Purpose of the Post
- Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, assist in the area of finance and accounting control, recording, reporting of assets, liabilities.
- Monitor the appropriate disbursement of funds and payments of accounts in accordance with rules, regulations and established budgetary limits.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews payment requests and supporting documentation for completeness and accuracy ensuring correct vendor details and proper charge codes are selected
- Received and support in review of payment requests relating to direct payment by checking the accuracy of the listed beneficiaries
- Review liquidation of DCTs to partners, ensuring that completeness of the retirement documents and conformity with original proposal
- Reconciles PAR accounts for staff (international and national) as well as the general Ledger accounts
- Review and reconcile monthly schedules to identify open items, investigate and match to clear and submit for posting
- Raise journal entries for reconciliation or change of funding sources.