OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The Budget and Finance Unit provides budget and finance management services to WHO Nigeria programmes and administration, as well as support the management of financial assets of the organisation in the WCO. The work in scope include awards management, imprest and other accounts management, treasury, expenditure management, and quality assurance activities.
Description of duties:
Under the general supervision of the Budget and Finance Officer and direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent performs a variety of specialized tasks in e-Imprest, finance and accounting functions:-
1. Administer the e-Imprest system (2 WCO Main Accounts in Eimprest), scrutinize and select data from a variety of sources, ensure accuracy in calculations and attachment of necessary supporting receipts of payments and authorizations
2. Monitor e-Imprest general ledger (GL) and all e-Imprest transactions including review of services purchase orders, imprest, and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data
3. Initiate mid and month-end reconciliation of Imprest and General Ledger (GL) accounts and follow up to clear pending items.
4. Initiate monthly Imprest closure, follow up on signing and submission of the closure reports as at when due
5. Ensure completeness of payment vouchers, signing and proper filing of monthly Imprest returns
6. Performs other duties as required