To support the project in the areas of budget formulation, financial planning, accounting/budget execution, and management advisory services.
• Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
• Prepares payment vouchers and correspoonding checks.
• Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc).
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
• Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
• Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property.
• Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
• Prepares the monthly ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
• Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
• Liaise with Abt Associates International Accounting Department on all aspects of financial procedures and any issues that may arise.
• Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
• Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
• Assists the Finance &Administration Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company