Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Finance Officer is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. The Finance Officer also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Manager, Finance to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Support the Finance Manager by inputting into sales and purchase ledgers from source documents
- Matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure swift payment of invoices
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures
- Provide financial support to team members
- Dealing with statutory returns
- Assisting internal/external auditors with queries
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required
- Extensive knowledge of excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience of SAGE
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Ability to handle large volumes of invoices
- 2 to 3 years’ of related financial /office experience required.
- Higher national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- A professional accounting qualifications is considered as a strong advantage