- The Finance Assistant is responsible for the day to day accounting function of the Rivers Office.
- She/He will be utilizing the appropriate systems and following proper accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds.
- The Finance Assistant will process staff travel advances, prepare payments to vendors, and manage petty cash.
- She/he also will support financial aspect of grants administration.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the State Technical Manager and with input from technical staff prepares monthly Cash Management Requests for financing project activities
- Maintains petty cash and making petty cash payments
- Makes payments to workshop participants (including travel and meals refunds) as designated by the supervisor
- Maintains financial management files for grants and ensures audit trail for all necessary grant documentations for Rivers state Grantees
- Works with the grants management team and PIND accountant to request and process timely advances to grantees
- Ensures timely financial review of Grantees’ liquidations in compliance with RTI financial management policies and PIND financial requirements
- Maintains monthly softcopy and hardcopy files for Grantees’ financial liquidations
- Reviews financial proposals from local NGOs/CBOs, provides input for negotiation of grants budgets
- Monitors all grant expenses in relations to approved Budgets and applicable Policies, provides feedback to grantees and to LEAD grants management team about the findings
- Provides to LEAD grants management team monthly updates on grants implementation financial status
- Provides assistance to technical team in communications with grantees and logistics related to the grants program
- Provides assistance, as requested, to support grants performance and build capacity of local Partners & Grantees
- Fulfills other responsibilities related to finance and grants financial management and administration that may be required.