- Review of financial requirements on new business product requests for the accounting design and required reports applicable to the operating systems and data feeding into corporate accounting systems.
- Will hold regular update meetings with the finance team and train finance staff on new/upgraded processes on the system accounting
- Manage internal controls and processes for system financial data audits and validation enquiries
- Work closely with Product Innovation and Quality Assurance teams in drafting business cases relating to financial systems or data; testing and post implementation reviews
- Liaise with Operations Support team on systems bugs or anomalies reported by the finance team
- Work within the scope of the department’s policies, processes and procedures to analyze and ensure all financial transactions are accurately captured
- Working closely with the finance managers to ensure that both new and existing financial features /transactions/ reports on the client system re properly utilized
- Continuously monitor and manage improvement of financial features and reports.
- Keep abreast of regulatory updates and ensure compliance
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management
- Demonstrate good combined knowledge of information technology, accounting and finance practices.
- Forensic attention to detail, proactive and be a problem solver
- Must possess intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure , meet agreed timelines and respond effectively to requests for financial information / reports for the finance department team and budget holders
- Multi task and manage competing priorities
- Self-driven and hardworking
- Ability to communicate complex issues logically with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Accounting or Business concentration; or First Degree in another concentration with at least 3 years of financial system and general accounting experience.
- Certification or relevant work experience with Information Systems Auditing
- 3 – 6 years in either Auditing, Financial Information Technology, System Data Analyst, Quality Assurance, or similar role with a reputable and structured business environment.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC