• Partner in-year target delivery of financial growth model (Results and Forecast)
• Drive performance management agenda
• Partner the business case development and benefit realisation for project investments
• Strategically influence and collaborate with stakeholders to maximise value creation.
• Commercially shape the medium to long term direction of their respective pillar
Key accountabilities and focus of employees mapped to Finance Business Partner Manager standard job.
1. Financial Growth Model (FGM):
• Provision of performance analysis for delivery of in-year target underpinning financial growth model
• Develop a sustainable business plan that can deliver competitive, profitable volume growth using the FGM.
• Strategically influence senior stakeholders within the brand/pillar/ category.
• Commercially shape the medium to long term direction of their respective brands/ pillar/ category.
Assesses the Financial needs of the organisation in order to design and deliver the most effective Finance solutions.
2. Strategic Resource Allocation / Analytics:
• Oversee the CIP budget management (people costs, BIC) and facilitate trade-offs to meet the strategic priorities of the business.
• Drive for consistency of resource allocation Align stakeholder commitment to financial investments and ensure they are commensurate with future growth potential.
• Uses insight to suggest paths of action and short term Finance solutions
3. Gate Keeping & Portfolio Management:
• Develop business cases for planned innovations and model pricing and cost assumptions to maximise margin accretion.
• Assess, articulate & drive actions on risks and opportunities for medium & large projects.
• Business case development and benefit realisation for project investments across the brand / pillar / category.
• Performance Management and Reporting: Leverage standard performance reporting to enable 360 degree view of business and hold itself and others accountable for delivery of strategy and performance.
• Actively drive simplification of reports and reporting process to maximise harmonisation and efficiency.
• Coaches and advises business leaders in the optimisation of Finance processes and techniques to improve performance
• Improves business performance
• Control & Accounting: Responsible for managing budgets (Bought in Cost (BIC) and departmental costs) budgets.
• Key driver of robust resource and budget allocation and capital expenditure.
• Challenge inefficiencies and indicate drivers.
• Ensure integrity and control across accrual/ payment process.
4. Drive Gross Margin Improvement:
• Monitor monthly results, understanding the variance in GM levels, challenging business partners on the reasons of the GM levels.
• Quantify and drive in year margin enhancement/ savings opportunities.
• Prepare cross country analysis on costs to find opportunities to improve GM.
• Implement Strategic Pricing framework with top markets, escalate when Strategic & Operational pricing diverge.