You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Using your insight and vast experience in finance and accounting to coordinate reliable and transparent financial management in an unstable and rapidly changing environment. You’ll play a key role developing managing the budget, financial and administrative functions while building the capacities of your staff.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Expanding our long-term strategy by reviewing our financial framework and approach and helping it develop as Nigeria’s context evolves.
- Overseeing the cash and budget processes so that program costs agree with both donor’s standards and local legislation while preventing and managing fraud.
- Providing support during audits and addressing the measures and recommendations that need to be applied in response to audit findings.
- Coordinating activities to support other ACF departments in Nigeria.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
- You’re a seasoned Finance professional
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field and have at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian work.
- You have knowledge of SAGA usage as well as excellent finance and analytic skills as well as Prior experience in conducting and delivering audit support to missions.
You’re a super communicator
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms.
- You are comfortable explaining policies & procedures to a team.
- You stay calm & like talking to colleagues to find solutions to their problems.
- You have contributed to team reports & are able to succinctly summarize & create timely incident and financial reports.
Your work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
- You enjoy managing a team and identifying training potential. You are genuinely committed to helping others succeed.