Key activities in your role will include
- Expanding our long-term strategy by reviewing our financial framework and approach and helping it develop as Nigerias context evolves.
- Overseeing the cash and budget processes so that program costs agree with both donors standards and local legislation while preventing and managing fraud.
- Providing support during audits and addressing the measures and recommendations that need to be applied in response to audit findings.
- Coordinating activities to support other ACF departments in Nigeria.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
Youre a seasoned Finance professional
- You have a Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field and have at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian work.
- You have knowledge of SAGA usage as well as excellent finance and analytic skills as well as Prior experience in conducting and delivering audit support to missions.
Youre a super communicator
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms.
- You are comfortable explaining policies & procedures to a team.
- You stay calm & like talking to colleagues to find solutions to their problems.
- You have contributed to team reports & are able to succinctly summarize & create timely incident and financial reports.
Your work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
- You enjoy managing a team and identifying training potential. You are genuinely committed to helping others succeed.