ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carrying out analysis of accounts receivable related records. Review and correct
• Receives departmental and project budgets; analyzes budgets, budget monitoring
and forwards analysis to the line manager and or H.O.D.
• Receives daily project progress reports for preparation and processing client
• Client payment invoice tracking - Keep track of the money going into and coming
out of an organization. This includes monitoring the accounts payable and the
accounts received, as well as tracking and cataloging the progress of invoices.
• Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are
up to date
• Reports and Documentations- Develops and reviews financial reports and
documentations, whether internal or external. This will include tax forms, financial
disclosures, and memos or letters informing relevant parties of the company's
• Budget Planning- Monitors company’s finances, setting financial priorities and
creating budgetary goals. Receives departmental and project budgets; analyzes
budgets, budget monitoring and forwards analysis to the Financial Controller.
• Reconciles bank statements, daily charges and cash, cheques and bankcard
• Process, code, balance, and post payments and bankcards received.
• Responsible for matters related to funding and money management. Supervise the
receipt and disbursement of money, as well as in planning for the company's
financial future. Reviews them for accuracy.
• Detecting Financial Irregularities- In charge of detecting and, where possible,
correcting any financial irregularities. This can include funds that appear to be
missing, accounting books that don't add up or discrepancies in invoices.
• Audit Preparation- Coordinates and prepares pertinent information for external
accounting firm and auditors in strict adherence to the company’s procedures.
• Codes data for input to financial systems according to company’s procedures.
• Record and prepare financial statements that adhere to generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP), regulatory requirements and company policies.
• Prepare background worksheets and input information on Financial Planning
exercises based on policy decisions made by the management team and within
agreed deadlines. Review and monitor preparation for internal audit in liaison with
Chief Accountant and CFO
• Internal Audit & Control- Internal Auditing, Financial Risk and Cost control
• Treasury- Banking, Financial Resourcing and Loan Management
• Budget & Planning- Budgeting, Budget Performance, Cashflow, Financial Planning,
Financial KPI, BOD Reporting, Bank Reconciliation and Fixed Asset Register
• Tax Compliance- Tax Planning and Tax Implementation
• Prints, verifies, maintains and analyzes accounts receivables reports and aging
reports; expected date of revenue; actual date; days overdue.
• Client purchase order analysis and tracking.
• Financial analysis of company and projects; determining profitability of company
• Administers preparation of interim, year-end and comparative financial reports;
performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget.
• Prepares required government reports as directed by the Chief Accountant and or
H.O.D and responds to inquiries as necessary.
• Calculating financial ratios and valuation.
• Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to
apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by the Chief
Accountant and or H.O.D.
• Also responsible for Foreign Exchange Management, Working Capital Management
and Bank relationships Management
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned.