- Provide input on the company's budget and control expenses of the function, ensuring it stays within its operating budget.
- Manage the timely preparation of the financial budget for the company in line with ATG requirements, working in coordination with Group Corporate Finance.
- Ensure effective implementation and enforcement of the approved budget; monitor and report on budget variance and identify key issues and potential corrective action.
- Provide key financial information within established timelines to the Finance Director in areas such as operating results and budget versus actual and report any issues with respect to planning and budgeting to the Finance Director.
- Ensure timely preparation and communication of periodic financial reports to Group Corporate Finance based on the guidelines defined.
- Manage financial reporting processes, monitor progress against budget and carry out periodic reviews, performance and valuation of assets and report findings to the Finance Director.
- Work with Group IT to ensure the overall accuracy, completeness, timeliness and usability of system generated financial data.
- Monitor the ongoing financial performance of the company and provide continued visibility to management
- Monitor the day-to-day cash needs for the company and develop comprehensive treasury management strategies and cash reporting mechanisms (including daily and cash in transit reporting) to ensure adequate liquidity.
- Ensure the implementation and enforcement of the established financial strategy as well as the financial policies and procedures and systems, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Design and maintain an effective control environment over all key financial processes including accounts receivable and accounts payables as well as accounting and reporting.
- Manage the external audit process including preparation of year end and interim financial statements to be produced in line with ATG and up to date IFRS guidelines.
- Provide financial and commercial analysis for business development opportunities and other adhoc projects, including NPV and IRR calculations to support the companyâ€™s decision making processes.
- Contribute to the annual and quarterly objective setting process for the business and how the company measures its achievement level for these objectives.
- You will provide the management teams of Corporate and Business Units with insight and analysis of business performance, market trends and strategic opportunities in order to support strategic business decision-making and the definition of the Group’s and BU’s strategic plans and targets.
- In addition you will direct and oversee the activities of ATG’s strategic finance function, which encompass facilitating the development of ATG’s corporate strategy and guiding the development of the BUs’ strategies; and ensure BUs strategic growth plans are in alignment with ATG’s organizational strategy
- Minimum 8 to 10 years experience, with at least 5 years experience in Finance Manager or Budgeting and Reporting Manager role within the retail industry.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Should be able to participate and facilitate group meetings.
- Should be able to lead and motivate teams.
- Recognized professional qualification in Finance (CA, ACCA, CPA equivalent) with appropriately maintained Continuing Professional Development