Immediate Supervisor: Finance Director
Open to: All Interested Candidates (Internal and External)
- The Finance Manager (Global Funds) will be responsible for Institute-wide management of the Global Funds Operations' Financial Processes, Reports, Budgeting and Budget controls including preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts and annual statutory financial statements.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Director, S/he will work independently to provide direct support to the Global Fund team and operations on the general management of all the Global Funds Grants with particular reference to the finances by; coordinating all aspects of financial management including but not limited to routine financial operations, financial reporting, and budgeting, budget controls, administering of finances to sub-recipients, sites and regions.
- Reviewing of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices for Global Funds HIV; Malaria, and TB also falls under his/her scope of duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of annual management and statutory accounts. Collate all relevant information to produce end of year statutory accounts for the Institute's Global Fund Operations.
- Preparation of Annual Budget (and other activities budget) for the GF-MDR TB, HIV and Malaria Grants
- Preparation of Quarterly Management Accounts
- Preparation of Semester Financial Reports Progress Update/ Disbursement Request (PUDR reports) and EFR for the Global Fund MDR-TB and Quarterly Financial Reports for the Global Fund HIV and Malaria Grants;
- Maintenance of proper records for all the Global Funds USD Domiciliary accounts and NGN cash books and bank accounts;
- Coordinating and ensuring preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all Global Funds Grants across Regional and State Offices including Head office;
- Administration of all payments under Global Funds operations including proper documentation, preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions and standing orders;
- Safe custody of all Global Funds payment vouchers/support documents, cash books, general ledger, financial reports and all other relevant instruments including cheque books, electronic transfer tokens, etc.
- Review of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices for Global Funds HIV; Malaria, MDR TB; and ensuring timely disbursements to sites, regional offices and Sub-Recipients;
- Maintenance of the general ledger of the accounting software - SAGE 300 (ACCPAC) ensuring monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers;
- Daily supervision of ACCPAC Data capture and processes, ensuring validation of transactions and other activities on the system;
- Promoting continuous improvement, transactions processing turn-around time, efficiency and automation within the Finance Department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Finance