• To support the Financial Controller (Management Accounts) in the leadership of the Finance Department
• To lead the Payroll and Timekeeping Departments
• Ensure that payrolls are prepared and paid in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensure that financial reporting is provided in a timely and accurate manner
• Provide financial analysis to meet internal and external requirements
• Lead, develop and motivate a professional team in the Finance Department in order to provide high-quality service to both internal and external users
• Ensure compliance with financial regulatory requirements
Provide support to the Financial Controller including but not limited to the following functions:
• Monthly Management Accounts:
Produce monthly management accounts within 7 working days of the month end including variance analysis, KPI analysis and recommendations to improve financial performance;
Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the monthly management accounts;
Review key assumptions for reasonableness; analyse and quantify key risks and judgements used in the financial figures reported.
Oversee the management of vendor invoice processing to ensure vendor liabilities are captured in a timely and accurate manner and to enable timely payment by the Treasury Department.
• Client invoicing:
Oversee the management of client invoicing to ensure that it is carried out in a timely and accurate manner and that all amounts chargeable are fully captured;
Provide support to other departments to maximise amounts invoiced to clients and to efficiently collect payments.
• Financial Information and Support:
Provide financial information to support commercial activities within the business and other departments as required.
• Annual external accounts audit.
• Treasury personnel, Finance Projects and Planning personnel, Commercial personnel, Supply Chain personnel, Vendors, Statutory bodies, External auditors
• Financial Controller
• Qualified accountant
• Wide experience of working with ERP/Accounting software
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
• Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Experience of leading a finance team
• Ability to process complex financial data and communicate in a clear, concise manner.