To deliver dedicated financial services to a department both directly and indirectly by:
Performing an advisory function covering various financial initiatives at tactical level supported by appropriate financial tools and information to facilitate informed decision making.
Tracking business performance on all tactical decisions and highlighting issues and areas of concern to influence corrective actions
Regular reviews of business performance using benchmarks and KPIs to highlight and suggest improvements to overall effectiveness
Being accountable for assumptions used in the business cases that form the basis for decision making; enhance financial awareness to the business managers and share the responsibility as an equal partner in new projects undertaken to improve the financial performance; financial service delivery on a pro-active basis.
1. Obtain the long term business plan view and construct an appropriate financial model using key performance
drivers; ensuring business growth and productivity improvement indicators. Also recommend to the BFM or VP BF / VPMA and the department head in strategic initiatives having a significant financial impact over a period of time greater than 3 years.
2. Develop and maintain a model that provides monthly 3 year rolling cash flow forecasts for individual businesses; reconciling forecasts vs actuals and engaging with the business to optimise cash flows in order to generate discussion on own and loan funding needs at VPBF; BFM levels; to be taken up with EVP SD and SVP CT.
3. Establish and agree with department heads (SVPs/VPs); the relevant KPIs for the business over a rolling 3-year period. Monitor the KPIs and influence decision-makers to continually improve KPIs at a departmental level. The job holder is required to maintain contacts with external auditors; legal consultants; suppliers; customers; IATA forums and senior managers in the industry to benchmark the Emirates Group with similar organisations.
4. Provide advice to business in the annual planning and budgeting process. The jobholder must influence the decision-makers to ensure that appropriate resources are budgeted for; to meet financial targets.
5. Prioritise; manage and deliver profit/process improvement projects (PIP) as agreed with the business. Implement required changes to the financial processes and procedures and provide training to business managers as appropriate; so as to achieve effective PIP delivery through productivity improvement; cost reduction and income enhancement;
6. Perform the financial evaluation of internal to business project proposals (i.e. in sourcing vs outsourcing) put forward by the business; ensuring that the financial returns are commercially and financially viable and within any set benchmarks established. Engage with the business in the implementation of these new business proposals.
7. Evaluate proposals and provide advice in monitoring and performance management of new joint ventures and partnerships initiated by the businesses. Engage with the business and stakeholders in the implementation of these new business ventures.
8. Establish appropriate control and feedback mechanisms on income; cost and performance versus budget and last year; to influence the department to take corrective action on all material deviations from the targeted financial results. Ensure the financial and tangible assets of the business are utilised optimally by continuous review of processes and systems. Improve and influence the department's awareness; job knowledge and expertise in the use of financial disciplines and business techniques.
9. Manage financial accounting activities where applicable; (within specialised areas: Emirates Engineering; Corporate Communications; Skywards businesses). As implants at the business site; effective co-ordination is required between MA; the business and financial accounting sections for best overall finance service. New initiatives and projects by the businesses necessitate good understanding of the end to end financial processes and to this end timely co-ordination with financial accounting department will be necessary; updating project registers for effective communication between finance units.
10.Ensure that the performance and development of all employees managed by the jobholder are managed in a timely and effective manner which will develop their competence; style and influencing capabilities.
Qualified accountant; preferably a management accountant; with 8 years’ experience in a similar capacity in a multinational company.