Job Vacancy at Association For Reproductive And Family Health (ARFH)
- Healthcare / Medical
- Banking / Finance / Insurance
- Minimum Qualification
- Required Experience
- 5 - 7 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria. We seek applications from qualified persons for the Global Fund HIV grant.
(Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration)
This position oversees financial assessment, financial monitoring, risk management, donor reporting, budget preparation, and all financial and management accounting duties.
- Provide technical support for strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning and contribute to preparation of project work plan including re-programming.
- Take a lead in budget preparation and tracking.
- Effectively control income, cash flow and expenditure (payment vouchers, cheques, and other banking transactions)
- Manage fund disbursements to Sub Recipients and work with their Project Accounting teams to ensure that project expenditures are in line with Global Fund Project standards.
- Ensure compliance with internal control and adherence to donors’ financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and timely bank reconciliation statements, accounts payable, and account receivables, balance sheet and other reports for submission to donors, management and, internal and external auditors.
- Effectively manage payroll and monthly local statutory returns such as PAYE/taxes, pensions etc.
- Coordinate activities of accounting staff and provide necessary mentoring to subordinates.
- Work closely with program team and support other staff for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
- Follow up with all outstanding advances to staff and project partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
A minimum of HND/ BSc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA. Must also have at least six years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point). A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
NB: Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees (i.e. from present and former employers). For every agency or organization that you have worked for please indicate the name of your supervisor, his/her functional email address and functional telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).