Our client is a global dredging company with extensive expertise in port construction, flood defense work, project management and maritime terminal services.
- Responsible for the full financial management function within the division
- Cost analysis
- Implementation of accounting policies
- Manage and analyse budgets
- Analyse monthly liquidity planning and ensure action is taken
- Check and discuss financial reports at board level
- Manage finance teams across projects within the area
- Small/lower-complex area
- Work independently; end results are being reviewed at board level
- Evaluate request for purchase of suppliers, equipment and services to determine appropriate procurement method
- Liaise with suppliers, sub-contractors, and site/contract managers
- Acquire best prices to place orders for materials required on site
- Ensure profit and productivity improvement through decreasing costs, ensuring consistent pricing, business simplification and consolidation of field office and backroom operations.
- Ensure effective revenue management through implementing proper financial systems and controls for managing revenue and billing.
- Ensure cash flow management through income analysis and expense analysis, accurate forecasting and cash flow planning and monitoring.
- Achieving accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Maintaining accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures;
- Coordinating and Guiding other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- A University degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar company or industry.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Basic IT Skill , Hands on ERP
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills.