The successful candidate for Finance Manager will ensure station finance accounting, taxation and reporting processes are in full compliance and in line with Corporate Governance.
The role will also include: Company Manual of Authority, Company Policies & Procedures, local statutory/legal requirements in terms of deductions, reporting and filling of returns to ensure there is no legal exposure (Taxation – Personnel and Corporate, Employee related tax filling, Departure Taxes) and to take utmost care in protecting Etihad Airways interest/assets.
The position will be a 2 year contract role, with the potential for extension based on performance and manpower necessity.
- Ensure accurate and timely capture of receivable and application of collection to minimize exposure of credit risk to Etihad Airways.
- Manage frequent MIS reporting delivery as per management requirement relating to sales/flown/schedules for respective business unit. Liaise with reporting/financial systems teams to develop/design reporting tools which will support/facilitate commercial in taking strategic decisions.
- Supervise the finance operations to ensure accuracy, transparency, timeliness and compliance covering all the functional areas of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Cash, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Asset Budgeting, for Station, Holidays & HTM.
- Ensuring a solid control environment that comply with the corporate governance structure, Contracts Manual/Standard operating procedure and Manual of Authority issued by the Company. Offices must meet the requirements of both internal, external and government auditors.
- Implement policies and procedures and manage/direct the finance reviews and process re-engineering to optimize operations and thereby achieve cost savings, set up modern accounting systems and establish a business support function based on the best industrial practices.
- Monitoring the station agent’s performance, understand the trend, support/Provide feedback to credit control for limiting the exposure of bad debts and take appropriate action for any delay in debt settlement.
- Working closely with business (Country Commercial Head, Sales Managers, Business development Managers) on a regular basis to provide planning and analysis support to meet country goals as well as discussing performance etc.
- Manage and carry our process re-engineering to enhance efficiency, remove redundancies and integrating of systems / processes.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to facilitate regular and exceptional audit review. Comment and implement audit recommendations. Define and implement adequate systems to discharge above accountabilities effectively. Liaise with service provider to ensure timely delivery of reporting requirements. Conduct internal spot audits and take appropriate action if any identified violations.
- Ensure the company assets at stations are safeguarded from all aspects including the insurance in liaison with Insurance department in HO.
- Productivity of the finance staff at station level is measured and training arranged to keep the staff updated and motivated. Regular feedback sessions needs to be done will all direct reports.
- Ensure Travel Agents/commercial team understands and are familiar with the application of all commercial deals and incentive settlements. Misuse of policy monitored and controlled.
- Support and manage annual budget preparation of station. Carryout a detailed monthly analysis of actual expenditures Vs Budget. Fully involve in the station commercial budget preparation and month to month performance analysis. Support Regional Finance Managers in completing assignments if any given on time to time