- Financial Services
- Minimum Qualification
- Required Experience
- 5 - 7 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
- This position oversees financial assessment, budget preparation, financial monitoring, risk management, donor reporting, and all financial and management accounting duties.
- Provide technical support for strategic analysis; strategic planning and preparation of project work plan and re-programming.
- Take a lead in budget preparation and tracking.
- Effectively control income, cash flow and expenditure
- Manage fund disbursements to Sub Recipients and work with their Project Accounting teams to ensure that project expenditures are in line with Global Fund Project standards.
- Ensure compliance with internal control and adherence to donors' financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and timely bank reconciliation statements, accounts payable, and account receivables. balance sheet and other reports for submission to donors. management and, internal and external auditors,
- Efficiently manage payroll and monthly local statutory returns such as PAYE/ taxes, Pensions, etc.
- Coordinate activities of accounting staff and provide necessary mentoring to subordinates.
- Work closely with program team and support other staff for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
- Follow up with all outstanding advances to staff and project partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA.
- Must also have at least six years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel words and Power-point.
- A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential