The Finance Officer will work directly under and report to the supervision of Assistant Finance Manager.
- Ensure fund requests for payment and retirements fulfil all requirements as stipulated in Accounting and Finance manual.
- This includes adequate receipts, invoices, and other supporting documents.
- Work directly with other Finance staff to ensure adherence to internal checks and controls.
- Monthly Cash and Bank reconciliations, review financial documentation to ensure its accuracy and compliance to internal control and donor requirements.
- Continuous monitoring of staff advances.
- Take responsibility for posting financial transactions into QuickBooks accounting software, ensure all transactions are completed, accurate and properly accounted for on a timely basis, and reporting any concerns to the Assistant Finance Manager/Finance Manager.
Policy and Procedure:
- Ensure compliance to financial policies.
- Highlight areas of non-compliance to the Assistant Finance Manager.
- Ensure Compliance to donor financial requirements.
- Support Assistant Finance Manager in the review and development of financial policies.
- Assist Assistant Finance Manager to monitor project cash tows against plans, review requests from staff and process anti monitor spending by reviewing all supporting documents, work with Finance Assistant to perform ad hoc cash counts for petty cash.
- Ensure compliance to cash limits and efficiency of transfer procedures.
- Assist in all operational, monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting process and its revision as may be required from time to time by the Assistant Finance Manager.
- Provide budget versus actual expenditure reports to Assistant Finance Manager for review on a monthly basis and highlight any adverse variances.
- Keep abreast of financial and tax legislation, ensure monthly and quarterly reports are prepared in a timely manner tar review by Assistant Finance Manager for submission to the Headquarters.
- Ensure monthly staff advance reports/records are reviewed, posted aunt accounts reconciled.
- Ensure that observations on monthly reports are fully implemented.
- Review & reconcile year end accounts, administering the year-end process and reporting as required to Headquarters and for Audit Preparations.
- Support and coordinate all internal and external audits by providing any relevant information and support.
- Maintain cordial relationships with banks and other statutory institutions (tax and Pensions), ensure accurate and rip-to-dale database of signatories of all SDN Nigeria bank accounts.
- Provide guidance and direction to Finance Assistant, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Any other duties that maybe assigned by the supervisor