- Ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, transaction journals, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SC policies, WINNN, Life Step, CGPP & GATES requirements.
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports to Abuja as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for the state office.
- Ensure that timely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to the project team, to inform activity planning and forecasts.
- Process all banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC, WINNN, Life Step, CGPP & GATES policies.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff.
- Facilitate statutory payments to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, WHT, and pension deduction and ensure adequate documentation is kept in the office.
- Conduct state level finance induction for all new staff on finance policies, systems and procedure.
- Support the state teams to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements.
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with SC’s financial management policies.
- Work with the state team to establish basic systems/procedures for state office support functions, such as: communications, documentation, records and file-keeping, publications, training resources and informational materials, inventories for office supplies and equipment, etc.
- Provide support in coordinating all state-level procurement activities, basic administrative functions, and asset/property management in line with SC policies and liaise with other external stakeholders as needed.
Required Qualification and Skills
- Level of Education - B.Sc, B.Tech /HND or equivalent
- Specified Study Area - Finance / Accounts / Business Administration
- Experience in working with an INGO or partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state (Hausa).
- 5 years’ experience working in Northern Nigeria and familiar with the terrain, a plus
- Level of IT and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)- AGGRESSO, SAP, PRISM, GLACOS etc
- Excellent using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Professional certificate in accounting and finance – ACCA, ICAN or NAN.