Assist the Head of Finance in ensuring proper management of BBC Media Action's assets, support all procurement processes and support the daily activities of the Finance Department.
- Reconciliation advances.
- Report any delinquent advances and ensure that all retired advances have the necessary support documentation.
- Update the assets register monthly.
- Ensure safe keeping of all BBC Media Action fixed and movable assets
- Reconciliation of all prepayments
- Regular update of the assets movement register
- Support all procurement processes.
- Making sure that there is enough cash for disbursement for project activities.
- Cash withdrawal from banks
- Make sure that all files and physical records are properly arranged in the finance office
- Cross check all postings by the finance assistant to make sure they are posted to the right sap codes.
- Supervise and assist the finance assistant is disbursing cash on the field or in the office when needed.
- Prepare supporting documents for audit
- Request for needed equipments and stationeries for the finance office
- Perform any other accounting and financial tasks as may be assigned.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or in related field.
- Considerable working experience in the Finance or Procurement department of a reputable international NGO.
- Progressive working experience in budgeting and financial management systems;
- Experience in donor funded projects;
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial ‘common sense’;
- Ability to communicate accounting and financial information clearly and concisely;
- Proven ability to manage procurement asset processes.
- Proficiency in M/S Office programmes;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;