BDUK Core Finance & Accounting is looking for an Accounts Receivable assistant to join the team in its busy transaction processing department working in accordance with established processes and guidelines as part of the Boeing Defense Accounting Operations Group.
The successful candidate will support the accounting team leader in performing a variety of tasks to support the efficient and timely processing of customer invoices and collection of cash to agreed terms. Tasks include:
Process customer invoices ensuring accurate and timely recording on AR ledger.
Collection of cash and management of aged receivables to maximise cash balances.
Posting of cash receipts into AR and general ledgers timely and accurately.
Processing of BDUK VAT return to HMRC.
Support accounting team leader.
Manage queries from program and accounting teams regarding invoices and billing process.
Other ad-hoc accounting activities and projects as required.
- Ability to work as part of a skilled team
- Accounts Receivable experience essential
- Customer satisfaction focus
- Good Analytical Skills
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations and companies.
- Position requires experience with large Commercial Off-the-Shelf software accounting/finance applications. Oracle/SAP/SAGE are preferred
- Strong Communication skills
- Qualified by experience or AAT qualification preferred, would also suit a recent graduate with an accounting or business degree looking to gain broad accounting experience.